Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Recipe: Hearty Breakfast on a Rainy Morning

We were in the mood for a hearty breakfast on this rainy Wednesday morning... and to satisfy this craving while getting ready for work, playing with little J and feeding her breakfast, I made my go-to delicious breakfast. Just mix it up, pop it in the oven, and 25-30 minutes later (post-shower and dressing), its ready to go.

Ingredients:
Any veggies you have in the fridge! I used tomatoes, zucchini, portabello mushrooms and some chilli peppers
Eggs (4 whites, 2 whole)
Milk
Cheese (optional)

Method:
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and spray pam onto your favorite oven safe dish. I always use my cobalt blue Le Creuset 1-1/4-Quart baker - beautiful, easy to clear, oven-to-table, and the perfect amount for two.

In a mixing bowl, whip your eggs with a splash of milk (I use 2%), stir in the veggies and cheese (I used a tiny bit of cheddar), and pour into the dish. 

You'll know it's done when the eggs rise and the top starts browning (25 minutes or so). Serve with some sea salt and your favorite hot sauce. We had it with our usual carrot juice  and a side of berries. Yummm....

2 comments:

  1. That looks great for a chilly winter morning! I'll be making it on a weekend sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete