Friday, October 26, 2012

Recipe: Carrot, Apple & Beet Juice



When I was young, my mom made me drink a tall, disgusting class of carrot juice every morning. It was rich with vitamins and potassium, and nauseating fibrous pulp. I'm not sure what juicer she was using, but I'm so glad to have found my Breville that makes a smooth delicious glass of juice from nearly anything you put into it. It's a splurge, but I've found it worth every penny... especially when our picky toddler enjoys the juice!

We have a perfect blend of carrot, beet and apple juice every morning. I use organic carrots and beets from Whole Foods, and gala apples to sweeten the mix. Roughly 5 carrots, 1 mid sized beet and 1 apple for 3 perfect glasses. Garnish with mint if you have it handy...healthy & delicious. It's a perfect start to any morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment