Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend Getaway!

                         

This past weekend, we got together with some of my college friends and enjoyed a relaxing, beautiful fall weekend in the Hamptons. It was filled with walks, chats, and good eats. I am so lucky to have an amazing group of girlfriends from college, and we are really good about getting together often. On Saturday, my hubby played golf with my friend's husband, while the girls walked around town, ran into Jimmy Fallon at brunch (!!!) and enjoyed some good ol' pumpkin picking. There's something magical about a crisp day with close friends.

photo credit: Amanda M.
                           
       
                             

Saturday was a sunny and gorgeous fall day. Little J had a blast running around in the crunchy leaves, breathing in the open air and learning to skip rocks! Definitely a city girl that loves the country.




Hank's Pumpkintown is probably the best pumpkin patch/fall festival I've ever seen. It's in Watermill, NY (about an hour and half east of NYC), and is heaven for little kids. It has it's own pumpkin patch, apple farm, tons of kiddie rides and games, and even a very large maize maze. We weren't daring enough to try the 1-hour maze, but did successfully find our way out of the 20-minute one!








photo credit: Rachel K.
photo credit: Allison C.

The first couple of things I notice when I leave NYC, are the smell of trees and the sight of open sky. We couldn't get enough of the views... how perfect is this?

Thanks to Amanda M. for letting me use her iPhone to take this one!

2 comments:

  1. i enjoyed reading the articles. they are very informative and i loved the pictures of the NY city

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I live in NYC too, and although I love it here, I love getting away just as much.

    ReplyDelete