Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mommy & Me Style

When I was pregnant with little J, I was convinced I was having a little boy.... but I was psyched when I found out it was going to be a baby girl. Immediately, I started dreaming of pretty dresses, ballet lessons and lots of hair accessories. Having a baby girl has been all that and much more, but one of the fun things I've discovered is coordinating outfits. The first time we matched, last year, was by accident...


And since then, I've been hooked on Mommy & Me outfits. I found a few brands that routinely create matching ensembles for Moms and daughters, but others have just worked out to coordinate well.

Our dresses are both from Gap, Little J's hat is by Zutano and mine by Kate Spade


This is a Lily Pulitzer Mommy & Baby ensemble


Both our tanks & hats here are by DVF for Gap Kids! Being Petite is nice sometimes...


Both of these bathing suits are by Old Navy


Little J was the flower girl at my brother's wedding this past summer, and she wore an outfit that coordinated with mine, made by the same designer who made my wedding dress! I like how hers is simpler and easier for a toddler to move around in.


What do you guys think of the matching styles? Would you want to match with your baby? I especially like when the styles coordinate, but are not exact, like many of those by Milly & Milly Mini.

1 comment: