Thursday, November 8, 2012

Recipe: Teriyaki Tofu Wonton Wraps & Spicy Raman with Veggies

I love wonton wraps... they are delicious, low in calories, and make the perfect appetizer out of any groceries you may have. I also love how pretty they look - the perfect way to spruce up an easy weeknight dinner. I try to always keep some on hand, especially this kind (from Whole Foods).


I found myself with tofu and cucumbers, so decided to go with those and a dash of chili peppers for my appetizer.  I wanted mine to feel like a salad so I kept it warm, not hot, and served them with an open end. It ended up being the perfect start...


And I followed this with a spicy ramen noodle dish, with yummy veggies like snow peas, water chestnuts, enoki mushrooms, baby corn, carrots and peas.


It wasn't the best dish I ever made, but warm and zesty. It took about a half hour.... see below.

Teriyaki Tofu Wonton Wrap
Ingredients:
Wonton wrappers like the above
Tofu (I like the softer kind)
Cucumbers
Teriyaki Sauce
Chili peppers
Small pieces of lettuce, washed and dried

Method:
In a small skillet, add 1 tbsp of olive oil
Add the tofu in small chunks but do not stir too much
Add the chopped cucumbers and chili peppers to taste
Turn off the heat fairly quickly to maintain some crunch in the cucumbers

Laying the wonton wrappers flat, spray a touch of Pam
Lay down the lettuce first, then add your ingredients from the skillet
Wrap in any of these ways you like as shown here
Warm in the oven at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes until the wrapper starts to hug the filling

Serve with your favorite hot sauce!

Spicy Raman Noodles with Veggies
Ingredients:
Snow peas
Enoki mushrooms
Water Chestnuts, drained and washed
Diced Carrots
Baby Corn, drained and washed
Organic Raman Noodles
Seaweed to taste
Siracha sauce
Peanut Oil

Method:
Boil the noodles until soft, drain excess water (keep it somewhat watery if you like soupy noodles!)
Separately, sauté your veggies in peanut oil until soft
Add siracha sauce to taste
Add veggies into the noodles, stir and serve hot

Hope you're all having a great week...



No comments:

Post a Comment