Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Recipe: Homemade Four-Cheese Pizza



There's nothing like a fresh, hot, home-made pizza. I usually buy the pre-made pizza dough from Fresh Direct (comes in a package of 4, 6'' whole wheat balls that you just have to roll out), and I make my own pizza sauce with a base of canned tomatoes (I always find they work better than fresh), loaded with veggies (diced onions, zucchini and mushrooms), a splash of milk, and lots of seasonings to taste. I think the best pizza is the one with no frills - I like mine without toppings, with a savory sauce and lots of CHEESE. I made this four-cheese pizza with chili peppers.... the crust was crispy and delicious and the cheese was perfectly gooey. YUM.


In my many years of trial and error with pizza making, I've found that my crust has always been soggy or imperfect. The trick to a crispy crust is a great pizza stone (sprinkled with a little cornmeal).


This is a recipe your whole family can enjoy.... including the picky toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment