Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Recipe: Lentil Pancakes & Corn/Tomato Soup

These days, I'm always on a quest to add more protein to my diet. It's not an easy task for a pregnant vegetarian to get the to the requisite approx 60 grams of protein per day (that's according to my small frame). I try to eat eggs every morning, a greek yogurt at some point in the day, tons of cheese, quinoa, tofu, lentils, beans and milk, but I am often falling short.

I made these lentil pancakes using this recipe, but modified it to exclude carrots & coconut (just according to my own taste!). I served the pancakes with my family's famous cilantro chutney, and made a soup to top it off.



The soup started out as a corn and tomato soup, but I added celery, chillies, and 1/2 cup of tofu (instead of heavy cream) for creaminess and protein. I topped it off with mint leaves and fresh black pepper.



Delicious & nutritious. YUM.

2 comments:

  1. looks delicious!
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. for another protein full option try a cashew pesto: roast 1/4 cup cashews (oven roast for about an hour at 425 or until a nice brown color), mix in equal ratio of cilatron and parsley, parmesan cheese, one garlic clove minced and 1-2 tablespoons olive oil. blend the cashews first into a powder and then blend with all the other ingredients. great to have this dip handy for healthy and tasty munching! can also be used as a garnish for most italian style soups!

    ReplyDelete