Monday, April 15, 2013

Recipe: Fettucine Alfredo & Olive Foccacia Bread

We were in the mood for a decadent, creamy meal so I ventured to try my hand at fettucine alfredo with portabella mushrooms, peas, and zucchini. I decided to skip the heavy cream and opted to use greek yogurt for a healthier, protein-rich sauce. Using this recipe, I added some chillies and lemon juice for the perfect flavor. I was surprised at how good it tasted!!


We felt the dish was the right amount of creamy and lemony (without the same calorie count of alfredo sauce!), and the veggies were so satisfying. I served it with freshly grated parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper and coarse black pepper. Since it was a Friday night dinner, I decided to make home-made bread (which I rarely do!). It was a heartwarming treat. This recipe was amazing, I would highly recommend it! I paired it with a spicy greek yogurt dip described below.

I used my favorite bread platter we got in Lisbon, Portugal, and an ivory spreader from our trip to Tanzania!
Greek Yogurt Dip
Ingredients:
1 cup greek yogurt (I use fage 2% plain)
1/2 cup diced jalepenos
1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
1 clove garlic
1 table spoon lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Method: After sautéing the jalepenos and bell peppers very slightly until softened, puree all ingredients in your food processor until creamy, add salt and pepper to taste! I used my mini prep food processor which I love for quick dips and gravies. You can enjoy this as a dip or spread!

I made hubby a great sandwich using this same bread and dip (as a spread) for lunch on Saturday. YUM.

Hope you all had a great spring weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment