Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Recipe: Black Bean Tacos with Extras :)

It was taco night at our place yesterday... and we made it quite a fiesta. Hubby and I love spicy Mexican food and there are so many ways to make vegetarian, healthy options. I used blue corn taco shells which are about 100x more delicious than the regular ones. I toasted them slightly before adding my black bean, mushroom and zucchini substance (just sauteed in olive oil, with a few chili peppers and my favorite Fajita Magic Seasoning blend). We topped them off with homemade, fresh guacamole, homemade smoked salsa and low fat sour cream, plus lettuce sprinkled with taco seasoning. We could not resist a side of kettle cooked jalapeno chips which I try to always have on hand ;) Plus, I got to use my new platters from our recent trip to Mexico. Can you say ¡Olé!??




Usually, I try to make a side of Mexican rice to go along with tacos, but we were too hungry to wait for that!

Do any of you have go-to veggie recipes for Mexican food? I'd love to hear!

7 comments:

  1. I love Mexican corn on the cob, which is super-easy once you find cojita cheese (or just substitute a wet feta). Spicy and yummy, made inside in the over or outside on the grill:

    http://www.closetcooking.com/2009/08/mexican-corn-on-cob.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea... that would be a perfect appetizer or side. Can't wait to try it on the grill :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these sound great! i also love making breakfast tacos with eggs, cheese, tomato, & sautéd peppers and onions on soft tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm love soft tacos! will try that this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should def try spanish okra, smoked gouda, veggies fajitas! the gouda and okra work really well together!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made tacos with this filling last nite-- so good! Thanks for the recipe. =)

    ReplyDelete