Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Recipe: Thai Salad & Vegetable Red Curry with Tofu

I have never been successful at any of my attempts to make Thai curry, but recently decided that I was going to figure out a way to make this dish at home. I followed this recipe almost exactly, but replaced the chicken with an array of veggies, and replaced fish sauce with a combination of soy sauce and worcestershire sauce... which I think worked pretty well! I also threw in a couple of stalks of lemongrass for the flavor and aroma, and of course, added chili peppers. While it requires many ingredients, this dish was surprisingly simple to make and extremely delicious.

 


I served it with pan-seared tofu (this time, I decided to lightly fry it rather than bake) and brown rice which I lightly seasoned with shredded coconut.


Lastly, I made a side dish of a simple Thai salad - lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, grated radish and peanuts tossed in a peanut oil dressing. I sort of made this one up as I went along, but Rachael Ray has a recipe that looks great as well.


This was a great vegetarian dish, and as I mentioned, it was so much easier to make than I had thought. We basically licked our plates clean...

5 comments:

  1. Can we have all this food when we are in Hamptons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about all these for mother day specials?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Big fan of Tofu and will certainly give it a try this weekend. I once marinated Tofu in maple syrup, baked it and then lightly fried it... that came out pretty good too.. but this looks way more delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! One of my favorite dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent ideas, cant wait to try on Tuesday in my kitchen!! you should totally post this to allrecipes or something so more vegetarians can enjoy home cooked thai food!

    ReplyDelete