Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Back from Staycation!



I'm officially back from my staycation in East Hampton, which was so lovely and refreshing. I got to spend so much quality time with Little J, enjoyed the (mostly) beautiful weather, and did some basic sight-seeing as well. We hosted friends over memorial day weekend, then little J and and I stayed out East during the week while hubby sadly had to work, but he joined us for the following weekend of sun & fun!




It's amazing how some down time and R&R can make a preggo feel so relaxed and happy. Putting my feet up by the pool was a much needed break from the regular fast pace at work. Instead of hustling between cases at court, lugging around files and gobbling lunch, I focused on resting, eating well, staying hydrated & taking good care of myself. I really enjoyed taking a leisurely break from it all. Little J and I went for long walks every morning, I went to prenatal yoga, slept well, and enjoyed the sun & surf all week. There's something so healing about all of it -- especially as I am officially entering my 3rd trimester now!




I don't think I've done a true staycation in a long time, and there's definitely something to be said for a vacation without packing, sightseeing or hectic agendas. My daughter loved skipping rocks, swimming in the pool, eating yummy ice-cream in town (at our favorite parlor, Scoop du Jour), and we even enjoyed trips to the local library and the local children's museum in Bridgehampton (which was incredible, even for adults). It was definitely a babymoon for little J, who got to spend so much time with her mama... we loved being together all week!




We got to enjoy some family time at Main Beach in East Hampton (topped the list of best beaches in America!) and at the Lighthouse at Montauk Point. Little J loved sleepy, quiet Montauk... the rocky beach was such an adventure for her, and we even watched fisherman catch some fish, which was so exciting. The beach town is so cute, and we loved having brunch at Bird on the Roof, then strolling around and stopping for ice-cream and fudge at the Plaza. As you can tell, it was an indulgent week.









We had some amazing meals while we were there, but our favorite was at Sotto Sopra, an adorable new(ish) spot in Amagansett. We also had fun and delicious dinners at Sushi Sen in Sag Harbor, Blue Parrot in East Hampton, and Race Lane in East Hampton. All worth checking out!

It was really a wonderful getaway, especially for me. The timing could not have been more perfect, as I was feeling burned out at work, and the weather cooperated with us all week. It makes me so excited for summer which seems to be offically around the corner! Finally!


Hope you all had a great holiday weekend, and some fun family time as well!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a great time! Such great pics! I can't believe how big Little J is getting. Can't wait to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah sounds so relaxing!! I love the smell of the beautiful hamptons on the summer time! Perfect place for a stay-cation while enjoying quality time with your little girl :)) x

    ReplyDelete