Monday, June 24, 2013

Recipe: Orange Blueberry Muffins

We had planned on having a very lazy Saturday and I kicked it off with a great breakfast of Orange-Blueberry muffins and a yogurt parfait made with tropical fruits. I scored mangosteen, dragon fruit, lychees and guavas in Chinatown on Friday after work, and l couldn't wait to eat them for breakfast!

This recipe for the muffins was delicious and made a perfect batch of moist, not-too-sweet muffins. I added raspberries as well, and they were a great punch of color. 




Guavas are my all-time favorite fruit. They remind me of childhood summers in Jaipur, India -- where we have a guava tree in our backyard. While it is generally bursting with ripe fruit, it also attracts the monkeys who are very sneaky about getting to these yummy fruits before we can! It's usually worth the battle though, as these guavas are the sweetest and most refreshing fruit in the desert heat of Rajasthan.


I also love mangosteen... have you ever tried it? It has the sweet & sour kick and comes in such adorable packaging. How pretty are these fruits?? 

2 comments:

  1. The muffins look so delicious. Like you, guavas are one of my favourite too and reminds me of India and yes, monkeys there. Haven't tried mangosteens... they look good too.. are they availale in grocery stores like stop & shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mangosteen is very hard to find... I've only ever seen them at ethnic markets like in a Chinatown. But I will get you some next time I see you!

    ReplyDelete