Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Recipe: Skinny Spinach & Artichoke Bake

I really love artichokes, especially when paired with fresh, organic spinach. I used this recipe, but substituted frozen spinach for fresh. The result was creamy and tangy... a perfectly satisfying vegetarian dinner. The non-fat greek yogurt and low-fat cream cheese are great additions to make this meal creamy, high in protein, and overall very healthy... even great for tots.

I served this with a dash of parmesan, sea salt and coarse black pepper. It's so hearty that you don't need a side dish, but it would work very well with a cold salad like this Raw Carrot Salad.


Who says being vegetarian is tough?

6 comments:

  1. Looks so good and creamy! I'm definitely making this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Will definitely try this recipe! Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow looks great. We'll have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe idea! I made a delicious variation of this last night. I already had in the house this delicious Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese I've been buying, which is a lot less fat and twice the protein of regular cream cheese, so where the recipe calls for cream cheese I just used that, and when it called for greek yogurt I actually substituted low fat ricotta cheese instead. I also used fresh spinach, as you did, and also added some tomato sauce to the mixture. It came out so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that sounds yum. I need to try this Greek yogurt cream cheese! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete