Friday, June 14, 2013

Vegetarian BBQ Ideas in time for Father's Day

If you're a vegetarian, you're probably already tired of eating a Veggie Burger from the grill.... and summer hasn't even begun yet! Over the years, I have found some great recipes to make all the veggies happy at a BBQ. Are you planning to grill on Father's Day? This might give you some helpful ideas!

Here are some of my favorites:

Crispy Grilled Pizza is a perfect summer treat... substantial for lunch, and can be varied with any sorts of cheese, sauce, toppings that you desire... my favorite is grilled zucchini & goat cheese, YUM



Have you ever tried a portabello mushroom burger? It's incredible on the grill, and you can top it off with a bruschetta as described here. Another great idea for a burger is to use eggplant as the base... similar to a portabello mushroom, it has a thick, chewy consistency that works well with grilling. I love this Eggplant Haloumi Pesto recipe with haloumi cheese.




I've never tried Thai Tofu on Lemongrass Skewers, but these look perfect and will definitely be my next venture on the grill!



Faux-Pasta is also great on the grill... like these Zucchini Ribbons paired with Peaches & Macadamia Cream


Lastly, my personal favorite is Mexican on the grill. I love Grilled Veggie Fajitas with a side of spicy guac :)



For side dishes, I love corn on the cob, or Chili-Lime Sweet Potatoes or Stuffed Red Peppers



All of these dishes would go well with any Summer Salad that will compliment the heat. Try this out and let me know which you like best! 

Hope you all have a wonderful father's day! Have you seen this? This is a must read in honor of father's day... so sweet.

50 Rules for Dads of Daughters


No comments:

Post a Comment