Monday, July 8, 2013

Recipe: Black Bean & Corn Burgers with Avocado & Kale Salad, and Sweet Potato Fries

To kick off the holiday weekend, hubby & I grilled Black Bean and Corn burgers with a little heat. I used this recipe which was quick and easy (I added a few edamame and chopped onions), and the patties came out spicy, moist and delicious. For the burger buns, I used fresh bread from whole foods that was perfectly flaky. I garnished the burgers with tomatoes and store bought cheddar & jalapeno spread which was so creamy and yummy.


The kale & avocado salad was inspired by this more complicated recipe, but I kept it simple by using just kale, avocado, sesame seeds & the lemon dijon dressing from the recipe. It was a great compliment to the burgers. And of course, burgers aren't burgers without a side of fries, so I whipped up these sweet potato fries that were baked instead of fried... they tasted amazing with a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper. I used my trusty crinkle-cutter for the old-fashioned, authentic feel. YUM!


Hope you all had a relaxing, wonderful long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Look yummy! xx

    http://www.timelessdifference.com

    ReplyDelete