Thursday, August 15, 2013

Home: Easy Updates with Color

I love our apartment, but every now and then, I get antsy and tired of looking at the same dull colors in our living room. We've been working with the same brown leather sectional that my husband had as a bachelor, so it's a big part of what has defined our space. While it's beautiful, great quality and very comfortable, it does have a certain sense of manliness in it that I wanted to soften. A couple of years ago, we brightened the space with peach walls, colorful silk curtains, and fun throw pillows, but I wanted to do more.

I started with this inspirational room (from Safavieh Home Design) and decided to do the best I could to match it without breaking the bank.


I have been lusting after a pair purple velvet chairs for a long time, and finally found a set I love that work well with our room. The pair I ended up choosing is also from Safavieh, where my hubby got the rest of the living room furniture years ago.

This was our living room before (notice the toddler-friendly bumper around our marble coffee table - yuck!). Very plain and a little washed out. I had covered the table with a silk table cover, but it was wrinkly and slipped around, and often got in the way of toddler-play. I specifically wanted a way to keep that bumper around our table for safety, but have it be hidden and out of the way....




I had a custom cover made for our table, with some matching throw pillows. The fabric is by DVF home, and I love how it brightens the room while complimenting the browns, pinks, oranges and purples. Here's the after version!




This was a very easy, inexpensive update and we love the results! What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful living room! Love it and the colors!
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to Nashville and decorate my house!
    -Suruchi

    ReplyDelete