Monday, August 26, 2013

Recipe: Fresh Fig & Almond Cake

As soon as I saw this recipe on Joy the Baker's blog, I knew I had to make it. It's the prettiest, most delicious cake, and I love that it's acceptable to have at breakfast. Along with a hot pot of coffee, this is the perfect start to our week.


I love fresh figs but never know how to use them all up, and this was the perfect recipe for them. The cake has hints of cardamom, and is moistened by buttermilk... making it decadent! The sliced, baked almonds add a toasty, crunchy flavor, reminding us that fall is just around the corner now.


           


Any other great breakfast cake recipes? I'd love to hear.

2 comments:

  1. If you love figs...you gotto try this figs and cashew shake! It's my favorite milk shake but then i don't get to drink it that often:)

    Soak cashews and figs(if using dry figs)for a couple of hours. Rinse. Churn with sugar, milk and ice. Serve chilled. Yumm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious!
    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete