Monday, August 19, 2013

Recipe: Summer Popsicles

One of my favorite things to eat all summer long are cold, icy popsicles. Luckily, little J shares in my obsession and we've been enjoying these lucious treats on hot days. Now that I'm home (waiting for the baby to arrive!), I am busying myself in the kitchen with these adorable and fun creations. Homemade popsicles are so easy, can be very healthy, and are a great way to use leftover fruits and juices. They satisfy that sweet craving, and refresh you completely. J loves helping make these popsicles! We've experimented a bunch, and these are mine and J's favorites.

Strawberry and Kale Icies
Trust me, the kale really tastes great in these. Blend together 1 cup chopped kale, 1 cup chopped strawberries, and a splash of almond milk... and then pour into a popsicle mold (we love these), freeze, and enjoy!!



Peach and Cream Popsicles
These are decadent. Use your favorite yogurt (greek works well too!), blend 1 cup with 2 cups of juicy peaches, add a dash of honey to sweeten, and pour into a wide & short mold. I like this one from amazon.



Chocolate and Banana Pops
These may be more for the adults! They make the ideal dessert even after an elegant dinner party. I was inspired by this video recipe, and I also made delicious pops -- you can vary these with sprinkles to make them more tot friendly!


Unfortunately, NYC freezers are tiny and dont lend themselves well to lots of pops storage, but if I had the room, I would definitely spring for this amazing Zoku quick pop maker. It is the ideal instant gratification, and gives your the ability to make really creative, beautiful popsicles!

Have you seen these other amazing creations on Pinterest? Mindblowing.




(From top to bottom: Mixed Fruit, Watermelon, and Margarita)

1 comment: