Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Recipe: Summer Squash Pizza

I am officially home now on maternity leave, and have been spending my days relaxing and waiting!! Luckily, I have enough energy to do some cooking and baking... at least for now.

I'm such a sucker for squash and zucchini - especially when it looks like this at the farmer's market.


It's not hard to get creative with squash recipes... so many to choose from. I also had extremely beautiful and fresh tomatoes from the market which were perfect for this recipe.


This heirloom tomato & summer squash pizza was the perfect dinner on a rainy summer night.


I followed this recipe pretty closely, using mozzarella and ricotta cheese. I started with frozen pizza dough, which made things a lot easier. I served this with a very simple drink of sparkling water & muddled berries, which was refreshing and delicious.


1 comment: