Friday, December 6, 2013

Recipe: Zucchini & Goat Cheese Pinwheels

I've been enjoying every last drop of my maternity leave, and as it winds down, I'm trying to soak in all the fun with my girls, and also trying to play domestic diva while I can. I know that when I'm back to work, the mornings will be even more chaotic (if that's possible!) and the evenings will be filled with activities with the kids, leaving less and less time for great cooking. So I'm on a mission to make some yummy dishes while I can.

Hubby came home to this beautiful and delicious appetizer this week. YUM!


It was so easy to make -- starting with frozen puff pastry, I glazed it with a light egg, water, dill, chilli pepper and salt mixture. I shredded the zucchini, crumbled the goat cheese, and packed on the layers. After rolling, all you have to do is cut and bake for 15 minutes at 350. Looks a lot more complicated, but it's not!




Puff pastry is an essential freezer item... something I always keep on stock to make savory bites like this one, or sweet treats like these Nutella-Mallow Pockets. What other quick snacks can you dish up with pastry dough?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment