Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Recipes: Vegetarian Croc Pot Faves

Since the entire country is experiencing crazy cold temperatures, it's time to warm up with some stewey, hot veggies. If you're a busy (and sometimes lazy) vegetarian like myself, you've probably found yourself wondering why all the slow cooker recipes seem to require lots of meat. Us vegeterians want to use a croc pot too!

That's why I've compiled my favorite slow cooker dishes... the only way to bear this polar vortex! I use my trusty Breville Slow Cooker & Rice Cooker Combo which has proved to be useful and compact since storing two large devices is sometimes difficult in a Manhattan apartment!

Each of these recipes requires little prep work and even less clean up. I love to let dinner cook itself while I take care of the kids' bedtimes... I don't have to worry about something burning on the stove while I'm watching the little ones happily splash away in their bath. And then when bed time finally arrives.... ahhhh, we sit down with a yummy, hearty dinner for two. Perfect for any busy mom!


Chipotle Black Bean & Quinoa Stew


Spinach & Artichoke Soup


Veggie Chilli with Sweet Potatoes


Chinese BBQd Tofu & Vegetables


Madras Lentils


Thai Red Curry


Veggie Lasagna


Overnight Oatmeal with Apricots & Buttermilk (amazing breakfast!)






Do you use a slow cooker? What's your favorite recipe?










2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try the veggie lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good. I think you'd love the Thai Curry too!

    ReplyDelete