Friday, March 7, 2014

Baby Essentials: What You Need the Second 6 Months

Now that you're through (or almost through) the rough infant phase, the fun can really begin!! At 6 months, your little one is getting ready to sit, eat, creep and crawl. I really think 6 months to one year is the best age. The babies are still cuddly and pudgy, with limited opinions and no tantrums! Plus, if you're sleeping more, you're probably also enjoying parenthood a lot more.

Here are my recommendations for essentials for babies ages 6 months to 1 year.

Feeding:
I did tons of research on a new high chair this time around, since J's old high chair was too beat down to use for Leela. I decided on this Boon Flair one, and I love it! So chic, easy to clean, and portable too.


Bibs are a must at this age... love these ones that are bright and easy to clean.


I had a Beaba Babycook when J was little but this time around I think I'm going to just steam on the stove and puree in the Vitamix. This is a great investment for the whole family and will be useful for delicious soups and smoothies through the childhood years.

Stock up on cute bowls, sippy cups and utensils (and prepare to lose plenty along the way!)

Sleeping:
Little one is out of the swaddle but not ready for a blanket yet. I love the Aden & Anais sleep sacks to keep them cozy & safe all night


A lovey can go a long way in helping your baby feel comforted throughout the night. These are my favorite critters (well priced since they will need many replacements in the next couple of years!)


Playing:

Leela loves hanging out in the Baby Bjorn Babysitter, and Fisher Price's Rainforest Jumperoo.



 I just ordered this adorable mat to cushion her for tummy time and for when she crawls


Right now, Leela loves playing with her curiosity cube, skwish and baby neptune,

She loves teething on Sophie,


listening to It's a Big World by Renee & Jeremy

and reading Dear Zoo


This is also the best time to baby proof the house! See this great safety site for all your needs.

If you don't already have a lightweight stroller, now is the time to invest in one -- we love our Citi Mini and would highly recommend it for durability and portability.

Many of the same items from my original list, "What You Need the First 6 Months," are still necessities that we use every day!

What are your baby must-haves??

No comments:

Post a Comment