Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Book Review: Children's Books for Spring

As you've probably caught on by now, I'm an avid reader. I can't remember a time that my head was not buried in a book -- even as a young child, I could get lost in a novel for hours on end. Reading has always been a sense of comfort and wonder, an easy, education and relaxing activity that I could always find pleasure in. I've learned so much through books... whether it be by finding myself in the pages of a novel, or by exploring new cultures and traditions in another, or just simply by marveling in an author's talent or ability to take me somewhere else...reading has always been a sort of escape for me.

I really hope that my girls build a love of reading, and that it plays a big part in their lives, like it has in mine. I can already see how much little J enjoys "reading" books, flipping pages, telling stories, and cuddling up with a bunch of her favorites. We love reading classics, but I also like to introduce more modern children's stories.

Here are some great new children's books that we've been enjoying, and would highly recommend!


1. A Gift for Mama by Linda Lodding is the most adorable story about the most adorable boy who sets out to buy a present for his mother. The illustrations are beautiful and the lesson is so sweet. Such a great mother's day gift, too!
 


How cute is that??
 
 
2. Tap the Magic Tree by Christie Matheson is an interactive book in which the seasons unfold like magic. Since little J has been learning about months and seasons in school, this was a great addition to reinforce the concepts at home.


What a fun little book!


3. I'd Know You Anywhere, My Love by Nancy Tillman is really the most heartwarming book that parents may enjoy even more than their kiddos. I have tears in my eyes as I read these words aloud, all about a parent's unconditional love for their child, who is unique and special. I love a book that celebrates differences...such a great boost of confidence for any little one. 
 
 
 
What are your favorite books to read with your munchkins?

No comments:

Post a Comment