Monday, May 12, 2014

Recipe: Spring Risotto & Heirloom Tomato Salad

This simple spring risotto features the best flavors of the season -- ramps, asparagus and wild mushrooms. Ramps are ideal in early spring... and blend so well into this creamy dish. They have a strong taste that comes down a notch when cooked, leaving a flavor of mild garlic with the edge of an onion. I picked up some fresh ramps bursting with flavor at the farmer's market and knew I'd melt them into a risotto.


I went off of this recipe, modifying it only slightly to make it spicier by adding finely diced chili peppers. I save the parmesan for the top, to use as a garnish.




We paired this with an heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad over a bed of arugula leaves, dressed with a simple mix of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. No need for much else! These ingredients speak for themselves.



What are your favorite spring ingredients?

*If you read and enjoy this blog, please comment!*
*I'd love to hear your thoughts, and to get to know my readers!*

1 comment:

  1. You've inspired me to attempt risotto again! I tried to make it once and it turned out a goopy mess, so I've been scared ever since. But this looks yummy enough that I need to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete