Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Recipes: Grilled Sweet Potato & Goat Cheese Sandwich/Grilled Veggies & Couscous Salad

Memorial day marks the official kick-off of grill season, and I couldn't be more excited to try new, fresh vegetarian dishes this summer.

Here are two hits from this past weekend... both are healthy with a kick, light and refreshing - but also substantial enough to stand alone.

Grilled Sweet Potato & Goat Cheese Sandwich



I made this dish up as I went along, trying to re-create a discontinued dish at one of my local sandwich shops. This recipe is almost exactly what I did, but I used a crunchier bread for texture. Sweet potatoes are a perfect grill favorite for vegetarians... they are so hearty and sweet. These pair well with goat cheese, ideally in a sandwich or a salad. I've also tried this in pizza, which is a great combination. Now why would anyone take this off their menu??


Grilled Vegetable Couscous Salad


I made the vegetarian version of this dish, using lots more jalapenos, and the veggies I had on hand. The grilled eggplant and asparagus really bring out the best flavors of this dish. Total crowd pleaser!

What will you be firing up on the grill this summer? Would love some more veggie friendly ideas!

1 comment: