Friday, July 11, 2014

Picking, Baking, Drinking & Eating...Blueberries!

Blueberries are one of our family's favorite fruits -- we go through about a box a day. The kids enjoy them and I love to include them in various baked treats, smoothies, and snacks. So you can imagine my excitement at the prospect of blueberry picking! Last weekend, we had a wonderful morning picking blueberries with our family in New Jersey. Everyone had such a great time picking ripe, delicious fruit right off the full branches, and popping {a few too many} into our mouths as we hunted. Even little Leela loved filling her belly with lucious berries.


We retrieved about 10 pounds of yummy berry goodness! While its been fun to snack on these constantly, I decided to use them in different ways as well. Jiya and I had so fun baking with blueberries....and it was the perfect rainy July 4th activity.







and I also made a delicious Blueberry Mango Iced Tea with fresh mint, which may have been my favorite creation.


What's your favorite blueberry recipe?

1 comment:

  1. blueberries are now my favorite fruit of the summer! i haven't picked any myself, sadly, but i have been making these healthy-style bberry muffins with fresh blueberries-- they're really good!

    http://vegweb.com/recipes/amazing-healthy-blueberry-muffins

    ReplyDelete